By Donna Dunning
What this post will do is describe some general positive characteristics and potential challenges when two people with preferences for Extraversion interact.
I hope you can use this information as a starting point for a better understanding of your relationships with others.
Enjoy the conversation
• Talking and acting together with lots of energy and enthusiasm
• Opportunities to develop ideas and work together
• Sharing of diverse interests and social needs
• Giving each other verbal input and support
• What you see is what you get; you usually know where you stand with the other person
But watch out for
• A lot of talking and not much listening
• Competition for air time and power struggles
• Conversations that are not focused or succinct
• Over committing to events and activities
• Making impulsive decisions
Of course, personality type preferences are only part of how you communicate and a discussion of one personality type preference pair doesn’t adequately describe personality type dynamics.
If you live in the USA, Introduction to Type and Communication is now available on Kindle.