By Donna Dunning
“Get the picture?”
3.3% of the population
Insightful Analyzers support their analytical decisions with a focus on concepts and possibilities. The resulting combination leads to an interest in playing with ideas and creating novel solutions to multifaceted problems.
The following list describes typical characteristics and preferences of people who prefer INTP. Identify the items that are true for you so you can seek work that suits who you are.
As an Insightful Analyzer, I prefer a work environment that is:
- Focused on ideas, theories, and systems
- Geared toward developing, improving, or modifying systems or processes
- Conducive to working independently
- A place where I can work outside of conventional ways of thinking
- Focused on new and cutting-edge areas
- A source of opportunities to have time alone to analyze and evaluate ideas in depth
- Set up so that someone else manages the details
- Open to finding creative solutions to complex problems
- Organized so I can initiate rather than follow through
There is also a general list of work preferences for both ISTPs and INTPs at Analyzers at Work that will help you figure out your natural way of working.
To find out more about the Analyzer, go to the Analyzer main page.
To find a sample of type-preferred occupations go to the Analyzer Occupations page.
Not sure of your type? Learn more on the What’s Your Type pages.
Information on this page has been excerpted from What’s Your Type of Career? 2nd edition.